Friday, October 2, 2009

Pizza...30 minutes or its...time to keep waiting Dad-6 Mom-2

Sorry its been like a week since I've written one, but I've been pretty bogged down at home with not working. Its a real drain. But since then I've got another look for you into the Tauer house.

In case you aren't aware, my father is about 5'8, red hair, and not entering an iron man contest this or next week. However, he feels his mere presence is intimidating enough to speed up a pizza order.

No one in our family is especially patient, but when it comes to some things, like ordering a pizza, I understand that a certain time commitment is part of the deal. Its an unwritten contract with every pizza place in the world. You take an hour and I undertip. Thats the system. Like the movie theaters; you overcharge, I treat the floor around me like a dumpster. The circle of life.

My father however, has a different method to circumvent the system.

Normal person: Call pizza place, order pizza, wait for it to be delivered or go down the street and pick it up yourself.
Dad Tauer: Call pizza place, ask if they are making pizzas today, go to pizza place and order in person, stand there and stare at the high school kid working there until pizza is in hand.

Now I'm not sure if his goal is to have them just cook one the minute he orders it and hand it to him, or them to give him someone else's pizza. But either way he's going in and staring them down until he gets a pizza.

So the moral of the story is Dad missed 3/4 of CSI: Miami, and 45 minutes later returned home with a pizza.

But boy was it covered in pepperoni! Dad takes a slice for a 6 to 2 lead

No comments:

Post a Comment