Wednesday, September 23, 2009

World's greatest pineapple Dad-5 Mom-2

I found out that while I was out of town this past weekend, Dad pulled one of his little pet projects up. He earned a point.

Three years ago I was leaving Houston again to start at A&M. Three years ago my laptop had a battery life longer than a bathroom break. And three years ago Dad was planting the top of an eaten pineapple into a flower pot in the back yard.

Houston, Texas- 2006 We just finished eating a nice fresh pineapple from the grocery store. Dad decides that planting the leafy top in a flower pot would then grow another pineapple.

It is now 2009. Dad was right. Pineapple plant successfully grew in the backyard. We had the worlds weirdest looking and smallest pineapple just pulled up from the backyard.

It took 3 years, but Dad grew a pineapple in the backyard. I'm looking forward to our next hula out in the tropical grove of our backyard.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to try a piece of the softball sized pineapple. The first few bites proved to be the last.

I hear it was tasty though.

Dad -5 Mom-2

2 comments:

  1. Kelly Goetz told me about this blog last week and I was nearly besides myself in laughter with the whole concept. I love it!

    Keep the laughs coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, I see my friend ratted me out that I was (silently) reading your blog... but it's true - it's so hilarious I had to share!! I hope all is well with you Charley :)

    ReplyDelete