I came across this issue the other day and I hesitated posting it because it didn't exactly shine a good light on myself. Biased media...yup. But after enough Law and Order episodes I was able to convince myself beyond a reasonable doubt that I could blame this on Mom.
So I decided the other day to clean out four (4) of my drawers in my dresser out of boredom I guess. Not long ago Tommy cleaned out his closet and found some real treasures of stuff Mom saved for him like a STH prom '97 photo order form. I hoped I would get something half as good. After a physical struggle just to get them open from being over stuffed I began the sorting. What I saw next will forever change the frequency with which I throw crap out. Some of the highlights of the gems I found include, but are not limited to:
- Movie stubs- ranging from the first Harry Potter to Firewall to Mulan. Yes the original theatrical debut of Mulan.
- Pokemon cards- At least they weren't in any kind of protective casing so thats ok right?
- Half a dollar- not 50 cents, but a dollar torn in half.
- A coupon given to all 8th graders for a free ice cream sandwich at the St. Thomas More cafeteria.
- Every birthday card ever given to me. Heres a brief synopsis of every card I received during the middle school grades. Front of card: birthday cake with a lit fuse. Inside of card: "hope your birthday is a blast!" Then simply writing your name. Not even a signature. Just writing it.
- An instruction manual to Frogger on Gameboy. Do you really need a whole booklet of instructions to play Frogger.
- A napkin from the Imperial Palace Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi. We stayed in a suite I believe...
- My Beanie Babies Club Charter Member card. I was a gold card member.
So thanks to Mom, I have a lot more drawer space and a poor understanding of the law. Dad-6 Mom-3...Charley 1/2.