Monday, September 14, 2009

Microwave issues Dad-3 Mom-1

So there are 3 things I've noticed that Dad does with the microwave that I'm 99% sure is unique. Maybe some people do one of them, but I am very confident no one else does all 3.

1) 6 and a half minutes in a microwave is enough time to cook a thanksgiving dinner. However, Dad will enter a time similar to that to microwave anything. A leftover bowl of mashed potatoes, toaster strudel, anything. I will go in to mike something after him and find 2:13 left on the screen and see him walk away with a couple popsicles. Which leads me to #2...

2) My father microwaves popsicles. I've heard of some people microwaving ice cream to soften it up before scooping it out. But Dad does it to popsicles. He finds them too cold. Nothing like warming up ice to make it more palatable.

3) He also no longer closes the microwave door. He has a theory that microwaves only have a certain number of opens and closes in their lifetime. He will open the door, remove the food, then not close it until he puts more food in it. Whether that be later that day, night, or the next day.

I should remind you that these stories aren't embellished in anyway because...sadly...they need no embellishing.

Dad is now churning his feet and throwing up dust Flintstones style as he prepares to pull away from Mom on this stretch. Dad-3 Mom-1

No comments:

Post a Comment