Friday, September 11, 2009

"Red lights aren't for me" Dad-1 Mom-0

So I've realized that this race to the finish between Mom and Dad is not going to be a sprint as both are far cries from Usain Bolt. This, as Seinfeld said, is going to be a lengthier process "like knocking over a vending machine...you have to rock it back and forth a few times. THEN it goes over." Welcome to the decathlon.

I decided to get out of the house and away from my Home Improvement routine a little and go for a cruise with Dad as we went to pick up a family size meal from KFC for the 2 of us. We were sitting at a red light when Dad decided he had enough waiting...so he just went. Amidst my confusion he clarified the situation for me by declaring "Red lights aren't for me."

I am going to start keeping an eye on the mail to see how many red light camera tickets he is racking up without anyone knowing. I wonder if red light tickets are for him?

Dad has burst out of the gates in the lead with his treatment of red lights like stop signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment